Three Big Venues
The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) is pleased to announce that SunRail trains will be running special service this Saturday, March 18 in an effort to offer transportation options to those attending three major venues, as well as other area events. This special service is a privately funded initiative.
Venues this Saturday feature the 58th Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival, NCAA March Madness 2nd round playoffs at the Amway Center, and an Orlando City Soccer match at the team’s new home stadium Saturday night. SunRail service begins with the first train leaving southbound from the DeBary station at 10 a.m. The last northbound train leaves the Sand Lake Road station at 12:15 a.m. early Sunday morning and arrives in DeBary at 1:18 a.m. Sunday morning. Regular fares apply.
SunRail urges riders to get to the stations at least 30 minutes early, especially if you are purchasing tickets at the vending machines located on the platforms.
For more information about SunRail, including pricing, station locations, as well as the regular weekday schedule, please visit www.sunrail.com.
Saturday SunRail Tips
- SunRail will be collecting fares on Saturday, March 18, 2017
- Arrive at the station platforms at least 30 minutes in advance of your train
- Remember to tap on and tap off with your ticket, so your trip will register
- Please check the SunRail schedule at www.sunrail.com to make sure you don’t miss your train
- No food is allowed on the train, nor is smoking allowed on the train and platforms
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed on the train
- Non-alcoholic beverages must be in secure, spill-proof containers
- Please be courteous to others, fold up strollers, store bikes properly as the trains may be crowded
- Please be careful around trains, railroad crossings, and while at station platforms. Be smart. Be safe.