The Central Florida Commuter Rail Commission’s Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) will meet on Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 2 p.m. in the second-floor multipurpose room at LYNX Central Station, 455 N. Garland Ave., Orlando, FL 32801.
Public participation is solicited without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability or family status. Persons who require special accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act or persons who require translation services (free of charge) should contact Ms. Jessica Ottaviano, FDOT District Five Public Information, 719 S. Woodland Boulevard, DeLand, FL 32720, or by phone at 386-943-5367, or by email at [email protected].
Questions? Please contact Steve Olson of the Florida Department of Transportation at 386-943-5479 or [email protected].
SunRail offering service Saturday, February 4
The Florida Department of Transportation is pleased to announce that SunRail will offer Saturday service on February 4, 2017. This special service is part of a pilot project and is a privately funded initiative.
On Saturday, February 4, SunRail service begins with the first train leaving southbound from the DeBary station at 8 a.m. Please visit www.sunrail.com to see the entire Saturday schedule. The major venue February 4th is Arts for All Day at Loch Haven Park in Orlando, sponsored by United Arts of Central Florida.
SunRail urges riders to get to the stations at least 30 minutes early, especially if you are purchasing tickets at the vending machines located on the platforms. If you are making LYNX bus connections, please be advised LYNX Saturday service may differ from regular weekday service. Please check the Saturday LYNX schedule at: www.golynx.com.
The last northbound train leaves the Sand Lake Road station at 6:15 p.m. and arrives in DeBary at 7:18 p.m. Regular fares apply.
For more information about SunRail, including pricing, station locations, as well as the regular weekday schedule, please visit www.sunrail.com.
SunRail on Saturday Tips
- SunRail will be collecting fares on Saturday, February 4, 2017
- Arrive at the station platforms at least 30 minutes in advance of your train
- Remember to tap on and tap off with your ticket, so your trip will register
- Please check the SunRail schedule at www.sunrail.com to make sure you don’t miss your train
- If you are using LYNX to make downtown or other connections, please check LYNX bus schedules to see what time buses run: www.golynx.com
- No food is allowed on the train, nor is smoking allowed on the train and platforms. Non-alcoholic beverages must be in secure, spill-proof containers
- Please be courteous to others, fold up strollers, store bikes properly as the trains may be crowded
- Please be careful around trains, railroad crossings, and while at station platforms. Be smart. Be safe.
SunRail Closed Monday, January 16
SunRail will be closed Monday, January 16 in observance of the federal holiday honoring Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Train service will resume Tuesday, January 17 with 36 regularly scheduled train trips per day. For more information about SunRail, including fares, schedule and station locations, please visit www.sunrail.com. Please be careful around trains, railroad crossings, and while at station platforms. Be smart. Be safe.